Monday, May 21, 2018

Weekend with Grandma and Grandpa B

This weekend Jason's parents came to town.  Friday night Jared and Ali joined them at our house for dinner.  In true Grandma Leigh fashion it was a party!  She decided to throw Brad a surprise birthday party!  (Yes his birthday is January 7th but we've decided to do his birthday in the summer so it's not so close to Christmas)

Grandma Leigh went all out! (With Jared and Ali's help)  Balloons, birthday treats, and presents!  Brad loved every single minute of it!

Saturday morning Jason got the opportunity to go to the Salt Lake Temple with his parents and Jared.  Of course we didn't havea babysitter so I stayed home with Brad.

Brad was getting worked up as he watched Jason getting ready to go.  Brad could tell that Daddy was leaving without us.  I kept telling Brad that Daddy is going to the temple.  After Jason left, I had the idea of we should go meet them at the temple after their session.  But the more I thought about it I realized it wasn't very practice.   Drive 30 minutes to see them walk out of the temple and drive home?  So I decided not to go.  I asked Brad if he wanted to go outside.  Brad clearly said, "No, I want to go to the temple."  So that's exactly what we did.

Well we first had a great morning playing in the yard, watering the garden, and mowing the lawn.  I am sure it was quite the sight to be seen.  As soon as I started the lawn mower Brad started screaming.  He wouldn't stop screaming unless I held him.  So I held Brad in one arm and used the other hand to maneuver the lawn mower around the yard.  It was exhausting but we did it!  After baths we headed to Temple Square.

It was a beautiful day so I knew it was the perfect time to go to Temple Square.  I knew there would be weddings every where.  Brad and I had fun watching a bride and groom come out of the temple every 10-15 minutes.  We ran around every pathway, jumped off every ledge, and finally took a break to eat a snack in the Joseph Smith Memorial building.  I was starting to question my decided to bring Brad by myself because I was exhausted and we had no idea when Daddy would be finished.  (I realized there was a chance they didn't make it into the session they were planning on so it could have been a LONG time before they got out.)

But the highlight of my day, probably brought tears to my eyes, was when Jason finally called to tell us he was out and we went to find him.  Brad watched Jason walk out of the temple and Brad just took off running, "Daddy!!!!!"  Well worth the drive.

We then took Grandma and Grandpa to the reflection pool and got some pictures to remember the day.

Brad had so much fun at Temple Square that he was fast asleep within seconds of getting into the car.

Sunday was the dedication of the Jordan River Temple so I went to the 9:00 session while Jason watched Brad and Jason went to the 12:00 while Brad and I went to pick up my parents from the airport.  They were getting back from the most beautiful river cruise down the Rhine River in Netherlands, Germany, France and Switzerland.  I have to put some pictures on here for no other reason that it was so incredibly beautiful!  So glad they got to go!

When my parents took this last picture I am going to show I don't think they knew how cool the picture truly was....  Look closely...

This lady is the coolest lady ever.

And my mom brought me back what I have been dying to try for over a year since Erica got me obsessed with macarons, real French macarons!  When my mom handed me the box I was afraid they wouldn't be very good.  I mean they weren't fresh... no ambiance as I ate them.  But I have to say, they were shockingly delicious!  Whenever I have tried to make them they always turn out too darn sweet.  These were unreal good!   The bad news is the quest is on for a true macaron recipe for the filling.... it must be done.

No comments: