Wednesday, July 12, 2017

18 Months

How do I describe life with Brad right now?  To be honest, every day is a roller coaster.  Every little thing he does makes me swell to the brim with love but sometimes it is just absolutely exhausting.  Yesterday was a very typical day in our life.
- Brad and I went for a walk.  He point out and barked at all the dogs.  He ate a vegetable pouch and blueberries along the trail.  He loves looking at everything but of course by the end begged to get out and run around.
- We went to a park.  Luckily we were the only people there so Brad ran wild.  He climbed right up to the tallest, fastest slide and went down it with hesitation.  Luckily I was there to grab him when he came shooting off the end.  
- He took a nap.  Well, I put him in his bed and he was supposed to take a nap.  I am afraid the days of two naps are coming to an end.  I hurried and mowed the lawn while he was supposed to be "napping".
- We went for a drive to pick up my prescription in Utah Valley.  We have quite the routine down when we drive.  When he wants something he holds out his hand and makes eye contact with me through his mirror and my rearview mirror.   I hand him a cracker or a toy or a sippy cup.  When he doesn't want it anymore he throws it.  We do this on repeat a thousand times until we finally get to our destination.
- We went to his 18 month check up appointment.  Cars was playing in the waiting room so Brad was perfectly happy to sit on my lap and watch.  I am also thrilled to report he did really well after his shot!
- Brad fell asleep in the car on the drive home so I transfered him to his bed and finally had some peace for an hour.  I made zucchini carrot muffins hoping Brad would eat them and he loves them!
- He woke up ready to party.  So we read books and played with cars until he got too bored.
- We went outside and "swam" in his kiddie pool.  I turned the hose on to a trickle and he loves playing with that almost as much as he likes his pool.  I smiled as I sat and watched him try and catch an elder bug.  It was too fast for him but he was persistent.  I like to turn on music while we are outside to keep us both entertained.  That was great until the moment I wasn't looking Brad grabbed the wireless speaker and threw it in the pool.  That ended our swimming time.
- We got dressed and went to the chiropractor.  I hurt my back on a hard trail run the other day.  Brad watched The Secret Life of Pets for a few minutes while I got worked on.  But most of the time he was trying to climb all over me, confused why this guy was cracking my back.
- We then went to the library to enjoy the air conditioned play area.  I don't know whether I should complain or be excited.  All of the sudden, literally the last day, Brad is completely attached to me.  He would not leave my lap at the library.  I am afraid he is traumatized from the 2 times I took him to the gym daycare or nursery last week.  So we sat and watched the other kids play with all the cool toys at the library.
- Brad loves to play in the car.  He loves to pretend like he is driving, push all the buttons, explore and find anything that's been left behind.  So that is what we did when we came home from the library.   
- We went inside about 4:30 and I was absolutely exhausted.   I was thrilled that Daddy should be home soon for a dinner break so I turned on Sesame Street to appease us both until Jason got home.  Sadly Daddy didn't come home until almost 6 so both Brad and I were climbing up the walls by that point.  
- We ate dinner and Daddy took him out on the swing or the "weeee" as Brad calls it.
- Dad left to study and Brad was ready to party once again so we went back outside and swam again.
- We ended the day by trying to watch some of Peter Pan.  Brad was terrified of Captain Hook.  So I had to fast forward most of the movie.
- By 8:30 Brad was begging to go "nigh night".  I try and keep him awake until 9 so that he'll sleep in more in the morning.  But I was exhausted and one cannot complain when one's baby begs to go to sleep.  So off to sleep he went.  And I was close to follow.

And here I am at 5 AM enjoying my one real time of peace and quiet of the day before I have to start this circus of entertaining all over again.  The craziest part?  Right now I miss him so much I almost want to go wake him up just to be with him..... almost.  


Things about Brad at 18 months:
Eats like a bird.  Getting pickier with eating but loves bananas, couscous, and oatmeal. Luckily still eats at least 2 veggie pouches a day.

Obsessed with dogs so his favorite movie - The Secret Life of Pets.  Absolutely loves the beginning of it. Gets scared when Duke the dog comes in the movie. If he's holding the phone watching it, he turns it off. If he is watching it on the big tv he'll get off the couch and play or run on my lap. 

Has been shocking us with all his words. Most recently he begs to go "nigh nigh" when he's tired, also begs to go "buh bye" to go outside or hands me his "shoooos". Other favorite words right now are 'nana, baby, boa (boat), and if prompted will tell you who Jesus is. If he can't get down from something he says, "Stuck."

Started going to the nursery. I stay in there with him but he'd be fine if I left (Until last Sunday.... now he has to be held or he cries!)

We decided it's time to crack down at church. No more running around during sacrament. He sits on the bench or in our laps. If he is noisy I take him in he hall and he has to sit on my lap with no toys. He screams and when he calms down we go back into sacrament and he's great.

He loves to dance and run everywhere.  Especially if there is some type of stage he can climb up onto.  He loves to dance on tables or fire places or any higher flat surface.

Explores everything.  His nickname is the Tasmanian Devil and he lives up to his name. No rock can go unturned, no cupboard unexplored but of course we wouldn't have it any other way.

Cutest darn kid.


18 month old stats:
Weight: 22.2 pounds 22%
Length: 32.25 inches 43%
Head Circumference:  48.5 cm 79%

No comments: