Saturday, June 17, 2017

Waunder Lust Wall

I am not a decorator.  In the world I come from, you throw a painting on the wall and call it home.  Luckily I am very fortunate to have quite a few amazing paintings so at least my walls aren't bare.  Anyway, obviously I also love to travel and take pictures.  So I figured it was time to hang up some of my pictures.  But when I looked at the prices of frames I decided against it.  Sure you can find frames at IKEA for $5ish but times that by 16 pictures, plus printing the pictures and that's quite an investment!  (Like I said, I am not a decorator! So spending any money on making a home more aesthetic is completely foreign to me.)

Then we helped clean out my grandparent's home.  More frames than anyone knew what to do with!  So I took as many as I wanted.  Then came the hard part of trying to figure out what pictures to print???  I went through all the pictures of my travels and narrowed it down to about 30.  Then I made my friends look through and select their favorite 16.

Jason helped me paint all the frames white.
I went through and organized how I wanted the frames to look on the wall. (Ignore the folded laundry)

Although you can't tell from the picture, my mom (the framing pro) helped me clean all the glass and frame all the pictures.  (In the picture she was busy watching one of her BBC shows)

And then of course I had to have Jason help me do the hanging.

And although once again, I am not a decorator, I think it turned out pretty darn lovely!  Of course whenever anyone comes over it turns into a guessing game of where each picture was taken.  Do you want to try?

Some are relatively easy, some are quite difficult.

Starting on the left.  Then going top down.
1. Old City, Dubrovik, Croatia
2. Manarola, Cinque Terre, Italy
3. Mesa Falls, Idaho
4. Victoria, Canada
5. Siena, Italy
6. Dinkelsbuhl, Germany
7. Prague, Czech Republic
8. Havasupi Falls, Arizona
9. Florence, Italy
10. Grand Tetons, Wyoming
11. Castle, Prague, Czech Republic
12. Avalon, Catalina Island
13. Lauterbrunnen Valley, Switzerland
14. Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
15. Waimea Falls, Hawaii

1 comment:

Caralee said...

Love this! It turned out beautiful and way to use Grandmas old frames!