Monday, May 8, 2017

Waunderlust dreams

So if you haven't gathered by now, I spend all day every day talking about the cool places from around the world.  Every day in each class 1 student presents on a different country from around the world.  For the assignment they are travel agents trying to convince us to visit that country.

It's amazing how beautiful this world is.  How many amazing things there are to see and experience. Maybe it's because I'm driving my parents to the airport to go to Paris for a river cruise in a few hours or I've been talking to my dear friend Brittney who is traveling to Iceland AND Southeast Asian Islands soon! but I am getting a bad case of
I am not a huge dreamer.  But around this time every year, I start getting an itchin' to travel. So rather than travel I figured I can dream about traveling.  Look at pictures of places rather than actually going to places.  I even sat and watched an episode of Rick Steves with my mom last night. 
  I thought I'd create a few Top 10 lists.  Because just one would be nearly impossible!  Today I thought we'd start with:

Top Ten Man Made Wonders I'd Love to See

But first I want to separate them into 2 groups.  The places I know I'll probably never go and the places I really hope to go.

These are places because of effort to get there and risk factors I'll probably never see:

Taj Muhal

Petra

Christ Statue

Istanbul

Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque -


The rest I do hope to go to someday.

St. Basil's Cathedral

Sydney Opera House

Palace at Versailles
Winter Palace
Historic District of Charleston, South Carolina

Here are some places that are usually on bucket lists of man made wonders that I don't really care to see: (Of course if I was offered a free trip or people I love wanted to go, I'd go pretty much anywhere)
Great Wall of China
Machu Picchu
Great Pyramids of Giza
Panama Canal
Mayan Pyramids
Mount Rushmore


Top Ten Man Made Wonders I've Seen:

Eiffel Tower


Neuschwanstein - Sleeping Beauty's Castle
 

St. Peter's Basilica
 
 

Golden Gate Bridge

Statue of Liberty





























Pasadena City Hall

Sleeping Beauty's Castle

The Duomo (The Cathedral of Santa Maria del Fiore)


San Diego Temple
 


Top Ten Most Memorable Art
David - Michelangelo
  

Pieta - Vatican


School of Athens - Raphael

Rembrandt's Self Portrait  at Norton Simone

National Gallery of Art in Washington DC - Monet

The Getty Museum alone is an amazing piece of art.
But also Van Gogh's Lillies
And Monet's so famous Haystacks. 
But really it's the museum.  This view....

The Night Watch by Rembrandt at Rijksmusem

Venus de Milo -The Louvre

MET - Washington Crossing the Delaware
And of course... no introduction needed.

Chicago Art Institute - Renoir

Uffizi Gallery  -  The Birth of Venus.  Maybe one of, if not my favorite story about a painting.
Ok, ok.  I'll admit it.  I didn't actual see this painting. But I ran passed the museum every day for a month and saw huge pictures of this painting outside the museum.  So that counts doesn't it?
The crazy thing is, when it comes to art... I've pretty much been to every world famous Western art museum except one:

The National Gallery - London

Man Made Groomed Gardens I'd love to See
Tulip Fields in Holland
Autumn leaves in New England
Cherry Blossoms in DC
Bluebell Fields in Texas
Flower fields in Carlsbad



Favorite Man Made Groomed Gardens
Disneyland



Huntington Library


Butchart Gardens, Canada


Tulip Festivals at Dallas Botanical Gardens and Temple Square




Balboa Park, San Diego

Top Ten Natural Wonders

Top 5 I've Seen
Havasupai Falls, Arizona

Grand Teton Mountains, Wyoming

Lauterbrunnen Valley, Switzerland
 

California Coastline. I love it all.
Big Sur, La Jolla Cove, Corona Del Mar, Malibu

Zion Canyon


Yosemite Valley

Top 5 I Want to See
Iguazu Falls, Argentina/Brazil

Moraine Lake, Canada

Geirangerfjord and Nærøyfjord,  Norway.

Maldives or Seychelles or Bora Bora (I know a total insult to each respectively but they can be clumped into the same desktop picture of perfect turquoise water, white sands, water bungalow tropical paradises.)


Plitvice Lakes, Croatia

And last but not least.... Not world famous by any means.  But 3 of my favorite places on earth.

Red Cliffs, Lower Mesa Falls, and Provo Canyon






1 comment:

Emilee Bishop said...

I love your travel posts! I'm going to London for Christmas this year (perks of an English husband). It will be my first trip off the continent and I am so so excited to be an annoying tourist. haha