Sunday, December 25, 2016

San Diego Beaches Christmas Vacation Part 2

Although we spend quite a bit of time in San Diego county, I'm pretty surprised how few of places we have been.  So I made a list of some of the top beachy areas in San Diego county for us to check out.  I will always be partial to Orange County... but San Diego county grew a little on me.

The 4 beaches we went to:

1. Just south of Carlsbad.  (We had actually been to this beach.  We had actually had some engagement pictures done here)  But we don't normally go to this beach so it was fun.
2. Coronado Island.
3. Torrey Pines State Park.
4. Point Loma, Cabrillo National Monument, and Ocean Beach.

1. Carlsbad Beach - it was a first day in California.  Looking at the weather I knew this was the sunniest, warmest day of the whole trip so I knew I needed as much sunshine as possible.  Leigh watched Brad for a few hours so we were FREEEEEEEE!

Oh how I love sunshine.


  
After we stopped at a little Mexican shop and had pork tacos and tamales. Delicious.

2. Cornordo Island
I had been out to the Island once to a fancy Italian restaurant... but that was it.  I wanted to see what else was out there.  Although it was pretty cloudy it was shockingly warm.  Like too hot for my sweater and boots.  Going to the Hotel was the highlight of the Island.  It was beautiful.  Iconic.  And totally touristy.... all my specialties.  They had an ice skating rink right on the edge of the beach.  So stinkin cool.  




 




And a very smiley Brad at the pizza place we went to after walking around the Island.  The pizza was pretty darn good.  Some of the best pizza we've had in a long time.  


The next day before we went on our next adventure I took Brad on my usual run on the rolling hills (monster hills) around Jason's parents house.  My favorite row of palm trees.
Brad loved it.... until he fell asleep.  (The bear suit might have been a bit overkill but I figured I'd rather have him nice and toasty than cold)

3. Torrey Pines State Park.
We have driving through this area lots but we have never paid the stinkin' $15 to park and hike around the park.  It was pretty cool and the perfect temperatures for a little hike.  


Moose and Maverik....



4. Point Loma, Cabrillo National Monument, and Ocean Beach.

We went out on our next adventure on Christmas Eve.  Turns out a national holiday/a very windy evening is the PERFECT time to adventure out to very touristy areas.  No crowds and it was absolutely BEAUTIFUL.  We started with some more Mexican food... tacos!  We ate the tacos in the car while Brad kept sleeping.  We do so this stage that Brad is in where he sleeps most of the time he in the car... 

I LOVED the neighborhoods around Point Loma.  It might have been my favorite area in all San Diego county.  But we are going to have to come back another time because it was SUPER windy and cold so Brad and I spent most of the time in the car.  (Brad was sleeping.)  But we got to Cabrillo National Monument right as the sun was setting.  Merry Christmas to us!!!


tried to get a selfie just so I could prove that the sunset was actually real.... nice and windy.

We ended our Christmas eve night at the most perfect place in all of San Diego.



Merry Christmas to all and to all a goodnight.





No comments: