Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Thanksgiving Break

The best news about Thanksgiving this year was it meant Jason is done with school until January!  Another semester under his belt... only 5 to go!  *But who's counting? :)

So Tuesday after school we headed down to Cedar.  Wednesday morning we woke up and headed to sunny perfect weather St. George.  While I went for a run along the Virgin River Jason and Brad went to breakfast, took a nap, and hung out.  Then we went to Chuckawalla to do a little rock climbing.  It was an absolutely beautiful perfect day.  I don't usually post videos on here.... but this one is too perfect!!!  It just shows how Brad really is the best baby in the entire world.  Because A. He just sat in his stroller and hung out while we climbed.  B. He responded perfectly!!! (Yes, in the video I accidentally say that it was Thanksgiving when it was really the day before Thanksgiving)



Anyway, after Chuckawalla we decided to go to Zion.  Zion has turned into a pretty crowded place most of the time.  Thanksgiving is the PERFECT time to go.  Hardly any crowds and no stupid shuttles.  It was a bit chilly but it was amazing!
 
We decided to hike to Emerald Pools because Jason has never been and at least half of the trail is stroller friendly. 





And then when the trail got to hard for a stroller we just parked the stroller and used the carrier.



It was awesome.

Our Thanksgiving plans kinda changed last minute but luckily for us Brad still got to hang out with his closest cousin in age, Max.  It was wonderful to be with Craig and Marcie and to see Max and what Brad will be like in 6 months.  It's crazy how relative things are.  We were thinking of how big Brad is... and then when he got around Max Brad seemed like such a baby.  

And then we had our cute little Thanksgiving dinner.  Just the 5 of us.

And then it was off to San Diego we went!  Because we needed to reunite Brad and his Grandma....  it had been far too long.
Startin' 'em young!
Friday morning was one of those runs.  I've talked about it a million times.  How so many runs just suck.  Are absolutely terrible.  Every single stupid step hurts so badly.  I question over and over again why I do it.  (My run in St. George was that way on Wednesday)  And then this run happened.  The stars aligned.  It was a beautiful 60 degrees.  Perfectly sunny.  Not a stitch of wind.  And my body felt great.  I ran and ran and ran listening to Christmas music every step of the way.  It was amazing.  I kept stopping to take pictures along the way.  I thought the scenery was worth documenting. The Rolling hills of Fallbrook...
Grape vineyards....
My favorite row of palm trees............
But all the beauty of Fallbrook can't even compete to what I saw when I got back to the house....
Seriously... this yard never gets old.
After getting ready I saw that Friday was the best day to go to the beach.  Perfectly sunny, 72 degrees, and no wind..... that good of a beach day doesn't always happen, even in the summer!  So we took advantage and it was perfect!  I don't know what it is about the ocean, but it gets me every time.
Obviously, Brad loved it too!

Just in case you think all our pictures are picture perfect.....
All my favorite things........... kisses.... Baby.... ocean.... and sunshine.
I love this set of pictures of Brad trying to smile and clap even with the bright sunshine.

We hurried back to Jason's because Brad's favorite aunt came to town!  We were so so so excited that Aunt Wendy and Uncle Mike joined us for Thanksgiving at Jason's parents.  (And I'm not just writing this because Wendy might read it :)

I am so bummed I didn't take any more pictures.  The rest of the weekend was rainy and windy so we spend most of our time inside talking and of course eating a delicious Thanksgiving dinner with Jason's parents, grandparents, Wendy and Mike, Jennifer and Jake, and Jonathan.  It was wonderful.

Then early early Monday morning we started the trek home.  We left at 5 am.  And here is what Brad looked like most of the time.
Not kidding when I say perfect Baby.  He slept from Fallbrook to Stateline.  He was actually pretty whiny from Stateline to Vegas.  We let him play in the back seat while we got gas and ate breakfast in Vegas.  He slept from Vegas to Cedar.  He played hard in Cedar.  He fell straight to sleep when we left Cedar and didn't wake up until we got to Orem.... 

Which would have been perfect............... except we hit the Winter Storm Carmagedon of 2016.  It started dumping snow.  It was the peak of rush hour.  And long long long story short it took us 1.5 hours to travel the last 20 miles home.  Man were we glad when we finally pulled into our drive way and saw our cute Christmas tree glowing in the front window.  

Like all other Thanksgivings I just feel so completely blessed to get this wonderful life I live.

No comments: