Saturday, November 26, 2016

Decisions

One of my favorite things to do is to go back through my blog and read through posts during the current time of year in years past.  Like I have stated a million times it is crazy how my emotions and attitudes are so cyclical.  Every year around this time... first off I wake up at an ungodly hour.  (Sadly, Brad has inherited my genetical defect.) Second, I am started to feel like teaching isn't all so bad.  I am starting to get to know my students and they are starting to love me.  And third, I become to lovey dovey about all the wonderful relationships in my life.

Happens every year.

This morning I was looking through the blog posts from 4 years ago around Thanksgiving.  This was when Jason and I were starting to get really serious.  He had just moved back to Utah from his 2 month "vacation to California" (Don't ask)  And we were trying to decide if we should get married.  It was an absolutely wonderful time.  But man it was scary as heck.

There are so many things in life we can't control.  So many decisions that we are forced to make.  But deciding who to marry is one that we have so much control over... but really the weight of the decision barely sinks in.  I think if we knew how much it would change and affect the rest of our entire existence I think the decision would be even more paralyzing.  

I would probably say the decision to have a baby is almost the same way.

But as I sit here on my couch with my baby sleeping next to me (of course he woke up at 4:30 ready to party but after a bottle and some lullaby's I was able to get him back to sleep) I stare at our cute Charlie Brown Christmas tree glowing across the room, and I am so unbelievably grateful for my life.

I am grateful that 4 years ago I rolled the dice and took my chances with an adrenaline loving, quietly confident, closet nerd who has made my life exactly what I always dreamed it to be.

Here are pictures from our 5 Thanksgivings together.
2012

2013

2014
2015
2016

No comments: