Thursday, March 31, 2016

Angela's Wedding

We've talked about kindred spirits, you and I, many times.  Angela is one of my dearest kindred spirits.  We met when she was 18 and I was 23.  She was a senior in high school and I was in my first real year as a teacher.  Even then I knew she was much more brilliant than me.  She is probably the smartest girl I've ever known.  And to think she wasted her brilliance on becoming a humanities major.  I kid I kid.  But after she graduated from high school she went to BYU where we grew even closer.  And then after working for the Church Art Museum for a year she went off to Harvard to get her masters and met her perfect MIT Engineer match.....  But what I love so much about Ang (as I call her even though it doesn't fit her at all! and I am sure her mother is horrified that I call her Ang) is when we are together we get straight to the deep stuff.  No idle formalities... straight to the heart to hearts.  And I sure love her for it.  Anyway, Ang got married.  And it was a beautiful event.

I did a terrible job taking pictures because I probably didn't want to be too obnoxious and I did have a 3 week old baby with me...
Terrible picture but look at this bow tie!!!
It was pretty darn magical.














 The food was AMAZING!  First, a darling poem with a rosemary sprig that made the whole room smell so delicious!  A strawberry spinach salad, yummy rolls, prime rib and chicken, roasted asparagus, mashed potatoes, and two different delicious drinks.  The food was amazing.  (Yes I know I already said that :)



THe only picture I got of the beautiful couple. And of course the cake was made my Angela's little brother!!!!

And us with our sleepy baby.
Sadly what wasn't pictured.... our discussion with the smartest boy I've ever known.... Angela's little brother.  I have so much hope for the future if for no other reason than that kid.  But that's another post for another day.

No comments: