Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Advice to myself the night before my wedding day.

I can't remember much about 3 years ago today.  I remember being surrounded by so many women that I love so so so so dearly.  I remember being stressed out of my mind.  Probably the only time in my life I have been so stressed I could not sleep.  So so stressed.... but luckily not stressed about the decision to marry Jason.  Just about silly things like rain.

I've been thinking... 3 years.  That really isn't that long in the scheme of things.  But the crazy thing is, I can't remember a life before it.  It seems like it's how it has always been.  And I am unbelievably grateful for that.  I love this world.  I love this life.

But as I've been thinking about 3 years ago, I've been thinking about what I would change.  What I would want to be different.  If I could somehow sneak into the Tiger room of Loraine's house in Glendora, where I slept the night before my wedding.... what would I tell myself?  What advice would I give?

I talked about advice for newly married couples back when Lars got married.  But this is different.  This isn't general advice.  This is exact, specific advice for myself.

I've been thinking about this for a few days.  So I thought I would ask Jason what advice he'd give himself.  Sometimes I am surprised at Jason's wisdom.  I was expecting something profound.  He thought for a second and said, "Work your guts out and you'll get into Dental School."  I laughed, "That's it?  That's your only advice you'd give yourself?"

So it made me think even harder.  Is there any advice I could give myself that would really make a difference?

Who knows.

But here's what I came up with.  "Words can be forgiven, mistakes will be made, it will definitely not always be all roses, but at the end of the day, it'll all work out and everything will be okay. Not only will it be okay, it will be great."

But of course this advice isn't just for a starry eyed girl on the day before her wedding.  This advice applies to life.  And the sooner we put our faith in God we can realize no matter what, in the end everything will be okay.

And just because I can.... a picture from our wedding day I've never looked at before.  I love how happy he makes me.  Oh and poppies.  I love poppies.