Thursday, April 16, 2015

Faith

Often times we hear that the Gospel of Jesus Christ brings us so much happiness.  I have a hard time with the word happiness.  To me happiness is a constant state of ease.  No worries or stress.  A life of comfort.  And of course we all can attest over and over again, it doesn't matter who you are, it doesn't matter if you are the most righteous person on the planet, hard things happen.  Life is tough.  As we hear over and over again, life is a test.  So as I have discussed before I think testimonies are sometimes tested by the fact that life isn't always happy.

But faith.  Faith is so much better to me than an absolute state of happiness.  Faith is what gives us hope that no matter what is thrown our way, we'll survive, we'll be okay.

I'm sure I got this concept of faith from my dad.  I am so glad for this because it is how I love to live my life.  It's what makes it so I can sleep at night in peace.  The idea that if you have God on your side, if you are doing as much as you can to keep His commandments and follow His plan, life will turn out okay.

I would have written the introduction of this blogpost exactly the same a week ago, I would have.  I had faith that God would help us out.  I had faith that God would make sure that we were okay, and if not, He'd give us the strength we needed to overcome anything.  But man oh man oh man does it feel good when things go our way.

Jason getting into dental school is hands down one of the most wonderful and humbling blessings I've been able to be a part of.

Because it's not my story to tell, I won't go into too much detail, but just know, Jason had to work his guts out to try and overcome huge stumbling blocked to get into dental school.  And honestly, even though he's been an absolute rock star for the past 2 years he still shouldn't have gotten in.  He just shouldn't have.

But luckily God was on our side, and more importantly, this is part of God's plan for us.

I state this because, what if Jason wouldn't have gotten in?  What if he worked his guts out for nothing.  What if things hadn't gone our way?

I am so grateful for my testimony in a loving Heavenly Father that is looking out for us no matter how the cards fall.  No matter if what we pray for every night doesn't come true.  That doesn't mean He isn't there or isn't listening.  It means He has a different plan for us.  And He will be there every step of the way, if we'll let Him.



But man oh man oh man, I am so grateful that He blessed us with this one.


2 comments:

goddessdivine said...

I am going to submit that one can still be happy even though life might be chaotic and uncertain. :-) Honestly, my life the past few years has been relatively easy and comfortable....but I was not truly happy. Hence my upcoming changes. Some people actually prefer challenges and chaos and/or need it to find life fulfilling. Everyone's different.

But yay for dental school!

Camile said...

CONGRATULATIONS on dental school!!! That is awesome! I loved your thoughts on happiness and peace and faith in God.