Monday, March 9, 2015

Two Years

From my dear friend Joan.  

I've been writing a post for over a week now.  Trying to think of something I wanted to say on the matter.  Something clever, unique, different.  I reminisced about the wedding planning process.  I thought of advice to future brides.  Considered writing what I have learned from two years of marriage.  But this morning... I am nothing but just purely grateful for the man I am spending the rest of my life with.  

Last night speaking of an imaginary couple of a guy marrying a girl he isn't attracted to, Jason said, "It would be unbearable to wake up next to someone and not think she is beautiful.  I can't even imagine how much that would eat at him over time."  

"You still think I am beautiful???"

"Of course, you are so beautiful I don't even have to tell you." (Of course he does anyway)

But it's a comforting thing, the person that knows me the best, sees me through all the ups and downs still thinks I am a beautiful person.  And that alone is enough to celebrate!


But of course we need just a few pictures to remember that lovely day......



No comments: