Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Post Surgery

I can't believe how much love I have felt during this whole experience.  The text messages and phone calls, it has been absolutely wonderful.  The gory details of recovering from anesthesia and having your insides burnt to shreds.... not so wonderful.

It was a great week off from the world.  I got to sleep in...... clearly only because of the drugs, play with Joanie for a morning, and drive up to Franci's in Idaho for a day.  (Too bad the day with Franci was the worst day of the whole recovery.)  

It was really a great week.


But the best part?  Seeing the excitement on my students' faces when they walk into my room and saw I was back.  Priceless.  

The sub really did get it right when he concluded his notes with, "Overall, your students are awesome!"

And now I just need to remember that..... well at least to get me to Spring Break. ;)

No comments: