Friday, December 19, 2014

Are you happy?

It was a stark drastic question when she asked.

It wasn't directed to me.  But it got me thinking.  Am I happy?

Then a few days later, yesterday, one of my dearest friends asked, "What is making you happy right now?"  I haven't seen this friend in a few months, so this is the question she asked to start our catch up. When she asked, I went through a check list in my head.  What is making me happy?

- Certainly not my job.  It had been a rough day previously.  Another one where a parent brought me to tears.

- Certainly isn't my body.  The frustration never ends.

- Jason has been so busy with finals and his new job... hadn't really seen him in days.

- The list when on and on.

So I said, "Uh..... I don't know."

We then went on the have one of those soul exposing conversations that I live for.

We talked about how wonderful it is to feel God's hand in our lives.  How grateful we are for the tender mercies mingled between the challenges.  I told her about how I've been reading my journals.  It was as Ang and I were talking that it hit me.  I know exactly what is making me happy.

People.

I have always felt so blessed to have the most amazing people in my life.  Every time I read a journal I remember how lucky I have been.  And then there are days like today.  The day before Christmas break.  My friend Brittney created the best present for me.  It is the kind of present that only someone like me would cherish so much.  She went around and had my teacher friends and faculty write a message to me and then put them all together in a book.

I have been so blessed.  So blessed to be surrounded by so many wonderful people.  Why am I so incredibly happy?  Because no matter what life throws at me, I am never alone.  Because of that I am so lucky.





Just in case you are wondering about what my Administration has to say about me....

No comments: