Wednesday, October 22, 2014

A Wedding Recap

My favorite Uncle Nils is currently editing our wedding video.  I cannot tell you how excited I am about it.  If you've never seen a Nils Lindstrom production film I'm sure you don't exactly understand why such a video would make me so excited that sometimes I can't sleep...But for those that have, you understand.

I've been thinking a lot about our wedding day... how for me it was absolutely perfect.  I decided to dedicate an entire post to every detail of the event and all the many many people who gave so much to make that day the best day of my life.

Engagement Pictures:
We actually did 2 different engagement picture shoots with 2 different photographers.  I loved the pictures from the first shoot but I want something a little less dramatic.... we went with the picture on the far left.
Gemmell Photography                                                 Romantic Wedding Videos

Invitations:
Nils Lindstrom Design created our logo and as soon as I saw it I knew I wanted it to be the focus of the invitation.  Who gets to have a professional typographer create a logo for their wedding????  So here is what it looked like.  And linked is his description of how he created it. Wedding Script

Videographer:
Romantic Wedding Videos.
This same day edit video is hands down one of my most prized possessions.  Lars has such a gift for both capturing an event but also putting the people in front of the camera at ease.

Photographer:
Renee from Renee Clancy Photography was a dream photographer.

Dress:
I really didn't want to buy a dress.... but then I tried on this dress at Sweetheart Bridal and I had to have it.  My goal was to find a simple, elegant dress... and this was it.

Hair and Makeup:
Franci South - from as long as I can remember Franci has been doing my hair and make up.... I figured why would my wedding day be any different???

Bridesmaids:
Pencil Skirts were made out of raw silk sewn by my aunts and cousins.
Gold necklaces with French charms made by Amelia Schow

Location:
San Diego Temple- Jason had one and only one request about our wedding.  This temple was it.  And really, how could I complain?


Venue - George and Leigh Braithwaite's French Chateau.
 I tried to keep a little of the French theme throughout the rest of the wedding.

Flowers:


Tables:
Table numbers were custom created by Nils Lindstrom Design.  French Impressionistic Painting Postcards at each place setting with a personal message written by me or Jason to each of our guests. French pastries from LeChef Bakery.



Lighting was really important to me.  I really really wanted ping pong lights... I think they are magical.  Lights, Tables, Chairs came from Persiano Events.


Photobooth:
Jennifer Boyer did a fantastic job putting this super fun booth together with amazing props!
 Photobooth Photographer - Zoe Mann



Food:
Hors d'oeuvres - put together by Franci South.  Cheese purchased at Igourmet, fruit, crackers, and baguettes were bought locally.

Dinner
La Finestra Catering - Chicken Marsala with Strawberry Spinach Salad, Italian Veggies, Rolls and Rosemary Potatoes.

Cake by Emily Stringfellow


Entertainment:

The MC and DJ was Mossi.  To say he's amazing is an understatement.

Singer was Joan Steinman.  She sang "La Vie en Rose".... it was magical.

Original Song written by Nils Lindstrom and Daniel Mower sang by Mossi Watene, Brita Prusse, Nils Lindstrom, and Loraine Lindstrom.  Song went to the music of "For the Longest Time"



First Dance was to Louis Armstrong's version of "When You Wish Upon a Star"

Exit:
Sparklers from Wedding Day Sparklers.


And it was....a dream come true.

3 comments:

Zoe said...

I've been waiting to see that video since that night. So so great. Love them and you two love birds!

Tiara Folkes said...

Can I tell you how much I love reading about your wedding! I couldn't be there but reading makes me feel like I was there! PS I will get married in your dress! xo

benilhalk said...

Seems to be a great wedding. Thanks for sharing this information as it will help in planning my niece’s wedding which is in couple of months. Currently looking for affordable and graceful wedding venues chicago within our budget.