Friday, September 5, 2014

Blindsided

Don't worry about the future; or worry, but know that worrying is as effective as trying to solve an algebra equation by chewing bubblegum. 
The real troubles in your life are apt to be things that never crossed your worried mind.
The kind that blindside you at 4pm on some idle Tuesday.



It makes sense really.  We have no idea what we are getting ourselves into.  We never know what we are signing up for.  We walk in so clueless.  But like I said, it makes so much sense because otherwise decisions would be so much more difficult.  And often times I think we would shy away from hard things.  We would never rise, we would never change, we would never grow.  


But no matter how much logical sense that makes, it's hard.  It's hard to take a step back and say, "Oh yeah, this is all part of the plan... these trail things.  They are good for me. They make me stronger.  They make me better.  And most important they will help me draw closer to my Savior."  


Because sometimes you don't want to think logically.  Sometimes you don't want to be reasonable.  Sometimes you just want to cry out that you've been robbed and life's not fair!  Sometimes you want to question why. Sometimes you just want to sit and pout like a two year old in the grocery store when a mom says, "No."  


Today that's how I feel.  I just want to pout.  


Because worrying.... he's right, it does no good.  It's the things that never cross your worried mind that blindside you.  It doesn't matter how prepared you are, it doesn't matter what decisions you've made.... you still get blindsided.


But pouting.... 


Sometimes it sure feels good.


1 comment:

Camile said...

Yeah, sometimes life is hard or even just blah. It really does make us appreciate the happy and peaceful times though doesn't it? I hope you had a good pout and are feeling better. :)