Tuesday, August 26, 2014

My Uncles' Wedding

Last weekend Jason and I flew down to LA to attend my uncle Kelvin and Ernie's wedding.  It was a pretty cool thing.... watching a group of just as many Mormons as gays celebrating.  One of the highlights of the wedding was when Kelvin got up and announced, "The bar will be open all night so enjoy!  Oh and for you Mormons out there, we have plenty of non-alcoholic drinks for you too!"  Another guest standing next to my cousin turned to her and gasped, "There are Mormons here???!"  I loved that Kelvin and Ernie intermixed the guests so the gays, non gays, and Mormons had to interact.  I think it was great for everyone to see that we are all just people.  People who love celebrating and love our friends and family.

I wish I had better pictures of the event because it really was beautiful!  Raine was in charge of decorating and she did a fantastic job!  The event was held at the Van Nuys airport in an old army building.  It was beautiful!
This guy was the best dressed of the event with a pink hat, suit coat, and tie.
Later I discovered he was also the one that would marry them!
Kelvin and Ernie walked down the aisle to Neil Diamond's version of "I Can't Help Falling in Love with You."



The only other picture I have of the event was my dad joining in on the family song to Kelvin and Ernie.  It was quite amazing.
Kelvin and Ernie we love you!!!


The next day was one of the most beautiful days at Corona Del Mar.  It was AMAZING!  The water was the warmest I have ever felt at the beach in CA....ever!  But the waves were insanely huge!  So huge that the life guard wasn't letting people very far out into the water..... so Jason FINALLY got to build a castle with Nils.  It was wonderful.


It was the most wonderful weekend ever..........
if only every weekend could be a California weekend..............

No comments: