Monday, August 11, 2014

Life is a Journey, not a Destination.

As we were wandering around the bookstore attached to the Hans Christian Anderson Museum I saw  this journal.
I've been thinking a lot about this.  This idea of destinations... how often we think about them, wish for them, and try our darndest to survive until them.

In the single world it is so common to think of marriage as the destination.  It's probably a really good thing that it took me so long to get to that destination because I was forced to see life as more of a journey and trying to find joy along the way.

It was for this exact reason we took 3 weeks this summer and just played until our little hearts were content.  Sure we don't have a lot of money..... sure it probably would have been smart not to put another 3,000 miles on our car when it already has 230,000 miles on it and we need it to last.... but it's about the journey.  We have no idea when we'll ever have money, when we'll get to have kids, when I'll get to finally stop teaching junior high but if we I sit and hold my breath until then there will be so much to miss out on.  I am trying my hardest not to think in terms of destinations rather just be happy in the moment.

So I decided to make that the theme of this year's blog book.


2013-2014: Life is a Journey, not a Destination
2012-2013: At Last
2011-2012: Carpe Diem 
2010-2011: When You Wish Upon a Star
2009-2010: Let the Good Times Roll
2008-2009: Introducing Random Kristin

No comments: