Saturday, July 19, 2014

The Apartment Search...

First.  If you want to get into the real estate market.... you know buying places and making money off them.... Orem/Provo is the place to do it.  I thought I knew it.... but I had no idea until now.  I'm sure there is a lot a money in the "singles" apartment market... but I think married housing is the way to go.  There is less hassle, kept cleaner, and I think a more desperate need.

Now if only I had a few hundred thousand dollars to throw around....

(The rest of this post is probably pretty boring. Just to warn you.)

So Jason and I moved down to St. George for the summer for a few key reasons.
- an empty condo with our name on it. (thanks mom and dad)
- Dixie State is $300 cheaper than UVU
- Dixie State is way more laid back especially in the summer.
- a fun exciting place for both of us.
- my own pool.  (extremely important)

but the best selling point for me in why we should go to St. George for the summer is to get to move out of our current apartment in Orem.  Hallelujah.

So I started searching for different places to live in the Orem/Provo area when we return in August.  I really wanted to live in Provo for two reasons.  Provo is so much prettier than Orem and Google Fiber.

So here is exactly what I wanted.
- North Provo
- 2 bedrooms
- a garage for Jason to put all his tools in so we don't have to have a storage unit any longer
- grand total for everything (rent, garage/storage unit, utilities, internet) under $1000.

That doesn't sound too difficult right?  I mean this is Utah Valley.  There are probably more rental units per capita than anywhere else in the world.  (Ok, that's a gross exaggeration but still)

Well long story short, after hours of searching, calling, applying, and straight out begging...followed by stressing..... lots of stressing......... we got our dream condo!

I'm pretty excited to get in there and make it our own!  (If you noticed I never put pictures up of our last apartment.... that's how thrilled I was about it)  This place will be different.

 Out our balcony you see this....
 and literally across the street is this trail....

add hardwood floors, vaulted ceilings, huge master bathroom with walk in closets, a guest bathroom and bedroom on the opposite side of the condo, and I have to say.... I couldn't be happier.


No comments: