Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Oh Idaho.

It was funny listening to my dad try and describe what Idaho is like during the summer.  He stumbled over so many words but then finally said, "You can just feel it.  You know it.  It's God's Country."  I couldn't agree more.  I love Idaho Summer more than anything.  And the great news is.... I think Jason felt it.  Not a lot.  He's not begging to return.... but I think he's starting to get it.  So here we go...... to Idaho.  
I don't I can't seriously capture it.  But nothing beats an Idaho sunset.  This was
taken on our drive up just north of Malad.
 We stayed at my dear cousin Franci's house on the butte outside Menan.  It's in the middle of absolutely no where but when I went for a run the next morning along the river.... I didn't complain.

After my 4th of July run, we headed to Rexburg for the end of the parade.... but this next picture is most important for my family.  Two of the best things are together.... McDonalds and the Rexburg Temple.  Yes Rexburg now has two McDonalds.  Kinda a big deal.

 Later that day we headed out to the farm in Lewisville.  The farm belongs to my Uncle Nils' parents.  But for anyone that hasn't been lucky enough to head out there, I honestly don't know if there are words to describe it.  It doesn't matter who you are, how you are related, or if you are related for that matter.... you are welcome.  Not only are you welcome everyone is thrilled you are there.  Grandma and Grandpa Lindstrom are so wonderful and have always treated me as if I was one of their own.  So of course they are now taking Jason under their wing.  Grandpa can't wait to take Jason up in his flying machine.  Anyway, here is a picture when we took off on someone's 4-wheeler to ride along the river.
 Later we floated in a double tude down the river with Nils, Brita and her kids, Alina and her kids, and my cousin Tinell's husband and their kids.  It was a party.  We then hopped on Nils' brothers wave runner and drove up and down our own private river.  It was amazing.

That night rather than fight with the thousands of people that went to watch "the best firework show this side of the Mississippi" we stayed at the farm and watched $600 worth of illegal fireworks they got from Wyoming.  I love fireworks it's true.  But the fact is no firework show can compete with Disneyland so rather than fight through the traffic of Idaho Falls this homemade show was way better.




 Sadly I didn't get enough pictures......... but luckily my cousin Myra's talented husband made this cute little video of all the kids.
The next morning Jason went shooting with the family.  I wish I could describe in detail why this shooting experience was so cool.... but sadly I just don't understand.  I just know it was hands down the coolest shooting experience Jason has ever had.

 

We headed over to Jackson Hole with a lot of the Leon Parson family.  Jason and I drove separate because I was dying to see if I could find this sandwich place.  See... one time like 5 years ago....
 
Lars and I had this great idea to drive from Rexburg up through Yellowstone and down through Grand Teton National Park.... to Jackson and back to Rexburg....  What we didn't understand was..... this was like a 12 hour drive. No. Joke.  And that 12 hours...... no food.  None.  By the end we were dilierious. And we finally stumbled upon a small sandwich shop that was one of the only places open in Jackson.  (It was late October so it was the off season, too cold for summer travelers but no snow for skiing)  I remember it was the most delicious sandwich I had ever eaten.  Great new is.  It did not disappoint.  It was just as delicious as I remembered.

 Then we met up with all of the families in the park for the iconic Jackson Hole Antler picture.... Oh and of course one of me and Franci in the flowers.



 Then we stopped at Yippee-I-O Candy Shop...... yes, that was it's name.  It was darling.

Then Jason and I went with my cousin Justin and his family to ride the Alpine Slide.  It was a blast!!!



The View

  
Of course I didn't get a picture with the whole group but it was so fun!

After dinner at a hole in the wall pizza joint, we headed back to Rexburg.......... Man oh man the Tetons rock my world every time.



That night we met Jason's little brother Jared at Sammy's in Rexburg for shakes.  The next morning we jointed him at the singles ward on BYUI campus...... first off let's just say I couldn't resist taking a picture of how they fixed the Hymn book...... #onlyinIdaho

 But as I was sitting in the Taylor Building listening to these clueless 20 year olds I got a bit nastogic.  It's been 10 years since I last attended sacrament meeting in the Taylor Building.  10 Years.  Holy Moly.  I thought about what I've learned and how I've changed in that 10 years.  Don't worry, it's another blogpost..... But man time flies....
 It was a wonderful weekend with so many people that I love so dearly.  Idaho.  You've done it again.  Somehow you always steal my heart.



1 comment:

Kennan said...

Love and fully endorse this post!!!! ;)