Thursday, May 1, 2014

Guilty Pleasures....

1. I have a little brother who on more than one occasion drove 50 miles to eat at a fast food establishment.  I didn't understand it then.  I really didn't understand it the day he ate at that same place 3 times just to say that he did.  I probably ate at this establishment a handful to times in the last ten years.... but about 4 months ago I think Jason asked to go there..... my life I hope will return to normal again sometime soon.... but until then.... Honey Walnut Shrimp and mixed veggies with a little bit of chow mien is controlling my life.  Yes, I am addicted to Panda Express.

2.  I've expressed before how I love Lululemon.  Sure I hate it, but I love it.  I love it so much that this morning I took the workout clothes I wore on Monday, that are still wet with sweat :(, threw them in the dryer and am wearing the same outfit to the gym this morning...... Clearly this is wrong.  My solution? I need more Lululemon clothes... so I have become addicted to Ebay.  (Because buying a $65 tanktop is out of the question) Crazy thing????  My favorite tank top from Lululemon..... is often MORE expensive USED on Ebay than purchasing a new one from the store.  Clearly I am not the only one with a Lulu obsession.

3.  I love Mad Men.  It is a terrible terrible show with one main theme throughout all 6 seasons.... adultery.  Terrible.  But the more I watch it the more I love it.  I feel like it is a long drawn out version of Anna Karenina (who would have ever thought Tolstoy would be considered the shortened version :)  but for those that don't want to deal with the filth of Mad Men or read the 982 page book..... the moral of the story is adultery will never ever bring any sort of long term happiness.  In the case of poor Anna, in the end, she'd rather throw herself in front of a train than deal with the misery her decisions caused.  In Mad Men you really do start to lose faith in men, they are seem to be dirt bags, but every single time each dirt bag is miserable because of their decision to cheat.

4. I just got a job teaching online.  I haven't started yet, so who knows, it might be awful.  I might hate it.  But I did the math yesterday.... if I teach the number of students/classes they say I will..... working 10 hours a week. (Whenever I want) I will make more money a year than my full time teaching job......... I'm really crossing my fingers I like this job because double my salary for 10 more hours a week????  Definitely wouldn't complain about that.

No comments: