Tuesday, April 29, 2014

The Most Important Band of Your College Years

This has been my favorite of all the All Songs Considered episodes.  I love how songs can instantly take you back....  So I started thinking about the most important bands of my college experience.  Since my college years were following around my punk rawk boyfriends, most of the music I listened to was far from mainstream.  But I thought I'd come up with the top ten popular songs that I feel defined my 4 years of college.

I clarify.  These were not my favorite.  These were just the most memorable popular songs I can remember.

10. Hoobastank - The Reason
9. Justin Timberlake - Cry Me a River
8. All-American Rejects - Swing Swing
7. Usher - My Boo
6. Blink 182 - I Miss You
5. Outcast - Hey Ya
4. Kelly Clarkson - Since You've Been Gone
3. Good Charlotte - Boys and Girls
2. Dashboard Confessionals - Screaming Infidelities
1. Jimmy Eat World - The Middle


Clearly not as cool as the narrator of All Songs Considered when on his first day as a radio DJ at his university he opened up the mail and saw the newly released single Smells Like Teen Spirit....

But then again.  Nothing can compete with that.

No comments: