Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Our Anniversary Weekend

Jason and I had no plans for our anniversary weekend.  All we knew was that we should follow the sun and that I had to fly SLC from Long Beach on Tuesday afternoon to fly to Nebraska.  So when we left Friday after school we just headed south.  (we like to pretend to be spontaneous, but any long time reader of this blog or anyone that knows me at all can easily guess where we headed.)

Glendora.
My Run around Glendora was like riding Soarin' over California.  The smells were AMAZING!
Then we headed across LA and headed towards Santa Barbra.  When I saw the beautiful ocean I made Jason pull over so we could spend some time soaking in the sun.


After a few hours in the sun we headed up PCH through Malibu and along the coast until we made it to our darling hotel in Carpinteria.


That night we ventured over to Santa Barbra and walked down State Street.  It is a darling street of stores, restaurants, and bars like unto all the other touristy places.  We had desert at a French Restaurant that was so french everything was actually only in French..... We made out pretty well considering!

Molten Lava cake with Vanilla Bean Gelato and the other was a Pistachio Gelato with a meringue crust.  Amazing.



I love Santa Barbra!!!!! Sunshine, Beach, and Palm Trees.... life doesn't get any better!

Amazing Italian Lunch
Amazing.

Later that night we went back to Glendora to have an romantic dinner with our favorite couple....

 The next day we were planning on going to Disneyland, but last minute decided we'd rather do other things. (Yes this was my decision.... can you believe it?)

We made the ultimate compromise.... Jason got to climb while I got to lay out/swim in a waveless ocean.  Life doesn't get any better than this!!!!


 After we went to dinner at Downtown Disney where I saw my first hipster Mickey.... He made my heart melt.


and of course... no trip to LA would be complete without at least a little of this.

 This was the best weekend ever.........

Up next: Nebraska, where all your wildest dreams come true.

No comments: