Thursday, November 14, 2013

Heaven

A few Sundays ago someone read a quote from a leader of the church suggesting that everyone should have a picture of the Savior and of the temple hanging at home.

We have the Savior covered but I've been thinking a lot of what picture of the temple I want to hang.  And of course a lot of reflection came in at my grandma's funeral last week.  I kept thinking about heaven and what it will be like.  I think of my dad's painting he did of the after life a few months before his wife died.
When the church asked him to paint an illustration of the after life they said, "We don't really know what it will be like so you can kinda do what you'd like."  So my dad painted what he hoped to see.  His wife, his mom and dad, and my aunt Raine.

To me, that is what this life is all about.  Of course first and foremost it's about recognizing and accepting Christ as the Savior but second it is about the people that we rely on and help to get there.

Whenever I think of our wedding I almost instantly cry.  Sure it was a special moment for Jason and I but really, we get special moments all the time.  Whenever I think of our wedding I think of the outpouring of love and support I felt from so many people.  So many people that have meant so much to me and helped me along the way.  Using my dad's idea I thought of what I want heaven to look like.  When I think of heaven I think of this.
I look at this picture and it gives me hope, it inspires me, it makes me want to be a better person.  I look at every single person in the picture that came for me and know I am better, stronger, and happier because of them.  Every time I think of our wedding I cry because God knows us and He knows that I needed all of these people in my life.  The sacrifice that they all made to come humbles me every time I look at this picture.  I would say I am so lucky but I know it's not luck.  It's what God knew I needed.  It's the people in this picture that make the building behind it so important.  This is the picture I am choosing to hang in my house so every day I am reminded why we are fighting so hard to get to heaven. Because man oh man, it's going to be a party!

Here are my previous thoughts on heaven. "Can't Wait For Heaven."

1 comment:

Camile said...

LOVE this post Kristin!
Beautiful picture - beautiful words - perfect!