Friday, October 18, 2013

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies

My first memory of Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies is in my cousin Tinell's apartment when I was 18 years old.  How in the world I didn't know such a delicacy existed before then I have no idea... but I remember them being so delicious.

Then I worked at Paradigm and I was introduced to the most delicious Pumpkin Chocolate Chip cookie ever created at Village Baker.  (If you are ever just randomly driving West on 90th south in SLC... please look to your right (north) right before you get to Redwood Road and promise me you'll stop.)  I am not kidding.  This place is a life changer.
Only picture I could find online of my favorite cookie.... sadly it's mostly cut off.
Anyway, then I was introduced to the Spice Cake Mix + Pumpkin + Chocolate Chips recipe, which I thought was genius.  But then the dilemma happened.  Those cookies really don't taste that good and often times they are under cooked or just not the right consistency .... and honestly I thought I just lost my love for Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies.

But have no fear.  Last night I wanted to be a good wife.  Sometimes I feel guilty that I am not one.  That I get home from a long hard day of teaching and all I want to do is sit on the couch and do nothing.  I don't care to decorate my apartment, try to make it homey.... heck most of the time it's difficult for me to get shoes from the front door back into my closet.

So last night, Jason had another late study session, so I decided to be a good wife and have him come home to a delicious meal of homemade pizza and pumpkin chocolate chip cookies....
I started using parchment paper underneath my pizza rather than corn meal on the pizza stone.... it makes it a million times less messy and just as tasty!!  Clearly I'm the boring one especially with my basil plant dead :(, while Jason's side has artichokes, sausage, onion, pepper, tomato, and those olives... forgot what they are called. Love them.


It was a success.  And the whole point of this post is.... the recipe I used for the pumpkin chocolate chip cookies renewed my love for them!!!  I got the recipe from here:

"the" pumpkin chocolate chip cookies     !!!


wet ingredients
2 eggs
3/4 cups canola oil (
1/4 cup molasses
2 cups sugar
1 small can of pumpkin (about a cup and a half)
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
(I didn't have molasses so I ended up using 1 C dark brown sugar, 1 C sugar and 1/4 c honey. just to try and keep the same consistency)


dry ingredients
3 1/2 cups flour
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 1/2 tsp nutmeg
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
as many chocolate chips as you need.

mix wet and dry ingredients until smooth, then drop by the spoonful onto your cookie sheet using a scoop or large spoon. bake at 400 degrees F for 10-12 minutes, or until the middle of the cookie feels firm to the touch.
I hope I can renew your love for the most delicious cookie ever.........

No comments: