Thursday, June 20, 2013

Nostalgia part 5?

Really I think it is something I love about life.  I love Nostalgia.  I love that I long for a sunset in August in Idaho with the smell of alphalfa as the hot summers day is cooling.... I love that crave a snow cone in the new spring sun in St. George every spring break and I can faintly hear this Indian whistle (don't ask)... or every October I want to watch a football game while seeing the leaves change around the C on the mountain.

And now I am finding the newest addition to my list.  June. Glendora. Humidity.  Little bit of heat. And glorious flowers everywhere. And of course lots and lots of Disneyland.  

Myra needed a road trip buddy to California this week so I graciously offered to start my summer vacation in paradise.  It wasn't until we got here that it hit me.  The Nastolsia.  I'm trying to wrap my head around why I love the feeling of nostolsia.  Sure it means that something great happened there but it is more than that.  I think what I love about it is the almost melancholy feeling that you can never recreate a moment in time.  I'm here this week but things are so different from two years ago.  Lars no long lives in the room next door, he's not even in town.  I no longer have a Disneyland pass so no more trips to the happiest place on earth.  But I still love to make this trip down memory lane.  I learned so much staying in the sunshine room exactly two years ago.  I learned about living life at at ten and honestly my life has not been the same since.  I guess why I love nostolsia is it teaches me over and over again that you have to live in the moment.  You can never recreate it.  You can never return to it.  You have to live it up now.  Carpe Diem. 

So in honor of this trip now memory lane.  Here is the final post I wrote as I left and here are some of my favorite pictures from the Summer of 2011.











 






Oh California how I love you. 

But the best part of this all... is life isn't over.  Really it's just begun.  




No comments: