Friday, March 8, 2013

My Last Day as Miss Kristin Parson

I can't believe this day is actually here.  I've dreamed of this day for so many years that it is so surreal that it is actually going to happen.  

A few years ago I wrote a talk.  Not for anything in particular.  Just wrote a talk.  (Weird, I know.  I kinda always wanted to be a public speaker)  Anyways the title of this talk was, "Being Single Sucks"  I should post it sometime.  Anyways.  

I go through the emotions of being single and how difficult it can be.  I explain it's completely normal and understandable to not be satisfied being single.  And then of course I say, "Being single sucks."

But for months I struggled with what to talk about next in the speech.  This was the part where I was supposed to give advise or words of wisdom.  But the problem was I didn't have any answers.  I didn't know how to solve the problem.  I tried all sorts of answers or solutions and it just didn't feel right.

And then it hit me.  In life you really only have two options.  Throw in the towel and give in or keep trucking.  

The rest of the talk is about how to just keep trucking.  

I look back at the last 12 years of my single adult like.  I see the rollercoaster of the highs and the dispair of the lows.  It's so wonderful like there might have been reason and purpose for it.  



Words can not express how grateful I am that I wait. I never thought it was really possibly. I get to marry the man of my dreams tomorrow. And that makes those 12 years of trucking totally worth it.

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I am so happy for you and can't wait to see pictures!

Camile said...

I can't wait to keep reading your blog as it continues to evolve with married life and motherhood (eventually).

And I seriously CAN. NOT. WAIT to see pictures of the big day. I wish so bad we could have been there!

CONGRATULATIONS!