Friday, February 15, 2013

Perfect V Day

I've written about it before.  For some unknown reason no matter what team it is.... I always seem to cheer for the loser.  Besides the Chicago Bulls winning streak of the 1990s every team I have ever been invested in has lost.  It's like I almost forgot it was possible to have a happy ending to a sport season.  If you remember this blogspot, I went through play by play of all the agonizing I have done over defeats.  But I think my luck has finally began to change.  Why?

Last night my little 9th graders won the Utah Valley Championship.  Really.  It might be the first time ever I've watched a team actually win.  I won't go through the list of times I've watched a team take second.... including that one time I coached.  But last night it finally happened.  Despite our star so sick he looked blue, even when there was a point I was positive we weren't going to pull through, we won.

As Jason and I walked out even before they pour the cooler of water on their coach, cut down the net, or received their ginormous trophy I turned to Jason and said,

"Louie, I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship."

1 comment:

The UnMighty said...

Was Jason offended you forgot his name?