Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Party!

I think it started with Brett and Heidi's wedding... at least that if the first time I remember it happening.  I have 50 first cousins on my dad's side.  If that isn't unusual enough I have 12 girl cousins within like 3-4 years of me.  I can not even describe how fun that was!  Or the drama that caused...

But I think it was when Brett and Heidi got married back when we were probably 15 years old that the tradition started.  With 50 first cousins we have had a lot of weddings.  And with those weddings the tradition continued.  Either the night before or the night of the wedding the girl cousins would get together and.... talk.  Ask questions, share information gathered since the last wedding, and basically get educated about the birds and the bees.

Through time this tradition continued and got bigger.  With time it's started to include aunts and even from time to time a creepin' uncle with a camera or a curious boy cousin.

Well seeing how I am the very last of the 50 girl Parson cousins to get married.... we figured this probably is the last hurrah.  And you better believe it is going to be a party!  Raine made a fabulous invitation for the event!!!!  Here it is!


I know.... part of you just wishes you could be a fly on the wall at this event.

3 comments:

novelstone said...

Hmmm, I don't think I have ever attended one of these events.....

Natalie said...

that is one of the cutest invites i've seen. awesome!

Camile said...

Or I just wish I could be there in person!!!