Friday, February 8, 2013

I'm getting married in the morning....

in 28 days.

Time has gone so. slow. since December 28th that I have just accept that Jason and I will never actually get to get married I'll just be planning this wedding forever.  So you can imagine my shock when a student came bouncing into my classroom a couple of days ago almost singing, "Miss Parson, you get married in 30 days!!!!"  (yes I thought it was a bit creepy he had a count down going until I remember March 9th is also his 16th birthday which especially in Mormon culture is anticipated almost as much as a wedding day)


So for the past 2 days I've spent a large portion of my time scoring, folding, taping, print, and stuffing my invitations.  My uncle, who is a typography professor, created our logo on our announcement.  I am so so so excited about it!

 
Point is.  Let's cross our fingers that the next 28 days fly by!  


4 comments:

Jeremy and Annisha and family said...

Ha ha! I totally felt the same way (wedding day would never come), but our engagement was 5 1/2 months long! Only 30 days! It will go by faster now.

The UnMighty said...

Here's another way to look at it. You only have 28 days of single life left. You will never be single again for the rest of eternity. Enjoy it while it lasts.

Sharla Watene said...

Hahaha...So true Unmighty...so true ;) I will admit it seems like time speeds up once you get married and then even more when the kids come. Where have the last 7 years gone???

novelstone said...

So it was the day before my brother Mark got married. We were at a gas station in Seattle when Terrance and I started singing...

You're getting married in the morning,
Ding Dong the bells are gonna chime,
Look at our brother, he's clinging to our mother,
So get him to the church on time!

The look on Mark's face said he did not appreciate this but the rest of us were delighted, and the song has subsequently been sung the night before all of our weddings ever since.