Thursday, February 28, 2013

Announcements

Nine days people... Nine days. Now of course the last THREE Saturdays in Southern California have been blissful... 80 degrees perfectly sunny with 0-10% chance of rain. This coming Saturday is no exception to this rule. But of course... Because clearly I haven't worried enough... The 10 day forecast suggests I should be a bit worried. Last night at a faculty dinner before Parent Teacher Conference a teacher suggested we should have a Faculty Fast to ensure no rain on my outdoor wedding.... although I really appreciated the concern... I compared that to the Children's Crusade.  (For those of you who aren't familiar it was when 1,000 children marched from Germany down to the Mediterranean Sea on their way to the Holy Land to take it back from the Infidels.  They thought that not only would God open the windows of Heaven to provide basic necessities but also thought when they got to the Mediterranean Sea that it would part like unto the Red Sea and they would be able to walk to Jerusalem.... well those who didn't die of starvation or cold as they crossed the Alps were captured by ruthless merchants when they got to the Mediterranean Sea and sold into slavery.)

I am still hopeful about the weather of my wedding day.  I think San Diego will pull through for me.  But on a much happier note.  Here is a picture of my announcement.  I am very pleased with how it turned out.  Simple.  Classy.  Elegant.  (perfect invite for a 70 year old Billionaire birthday party :)


 

And I have to tell you about this picture.... this was our third attempt taking engagement pictures.  How did we get Jason to actually smile?  My dear aunt Raine had to tell him a kinda shady joke.  Worked like a charm....




4 comments:

Stephani said...

Yay!! I am so excited for you!! I will keep my fingers crossed for no rain for you...I wasn't so lucky in August in UT, but it still worked out - the rain cleared and we were able to set up for our outdoor evening reception :)

maggie said...

Gorg. Both are gorg.

Kristen said...

What a gorgeous picture! Crossing my fingers it doesn't rain on your beautiful day!

Robyn said...

Holy...... That picture!