Sunday, January 6, 2013

Things I swore I'd never do...

Being 29 in Mormonville I have lived with my share of engaged girls.  I have experienced the highs and excitement and I have experienced the drama, the wacko hormone crazy... I guess most lovely referred to as Bridezillas.  I think I counted once that I've lived with 24 girls when they got engaged and married. I absolutely love weddings so of course I've had a blast helping them plan their weddings.  We've used every color you can imaginable.  Indoor receptions, outdoor receptions, heck even a couple in green houses!  The bride and groom coming in on horses or on sailboats and marriages in every temple from San Diego to Nauvoo.

So of course I have figured out almost exactly what I want at my wedding along the way.  Things that I think are worth the money and things that I don't care about.  Things that I think make the event amazing versus things that no one even notices or cares about besides the bride while she's planning.

One thing I swore to myself and anyone that would listen was that I would not waste money on a dress.  I mean come on, you wear it once, maybe twice and typically for only a few hours.  Hundreds if not thousands of dollars are spent for the thing. What a waste of money!  I took pride in the fact that I wasn't going to care very much about my dress.  I have a couple of friends that have gorgeous dresses that graciously said I could borrow their dress.

Well then yesterday happened.  I think it was the 5th dresses I tried on.  I don't know how it happened.  I had been so logical.  I had planned it out so perfectly!  I would spend the extra money I saved on not buying a dress on the honeymoon or better food.... But as soon as I put on that dress.... it was like beautiful music started playing, the smell of roses entered the dressing room, I walked out and it was like rays of sunshine lit up my face.  I was a rock star.


No comments: