Thursday, November 29, 2012

Winter Blues

It's ridiculous.  I finally have put my foot down.  I've tried almost everything.  More working out, more superpower foods, more caffeine, more sleep even checked my thyroid.... nothing seems to work.  It's like my body, mind, and most important my mood is attached to the sun.  When the sun shines life is great, when the sun goes down I feel like the world should be asleep.....

It happens every winter.  Especially after the time change.  My bed time is earlier and earlier...  what made me put my foot down was the other night I fell asleep before 8 PM mid sentence... so yesterday when I got to work I did my usual routine.  It used to be to check every blog I could think of.... but blogs are still blocked so now I've resorted to CNN and KSL.  I read almost every article on each website throughout the day.  I found this article yesterday "When it's more than just 'winter blues'"  I've read articles like this often.  I concluded long ago that I have SAD.  Luckily I haven't been sad... just super duper tired.  So what did I finally put my foot down and do?  I bought a "NatureBright SunTouch Plus Therapy Lamp".  There were over 400 reviews on this lamp on Amazon with over 4.5 stars.  People say that it makes the world of difference.  So between 5 and 5:30 am I will be kicking back staring at a bright light, smelling my ocean breeze air freshener, and sipping on my pina colada.

If this doesn't work..... I guess I'll be packing my bags for Brazil or Congo or maybe Indonesia.  (All located on the equator)

2 comments:

Kami Bratten said...

I got one of those seasonal lamps for my desk at work (the sun goes down at like 4 pm in Seattle!) and I love it. I don't use it every day, but whether it's placebo or not, I don't know- it seems to work!

If not, you're welcome to come to Brazil :)

Camile said...

My mood is definitely affected by the sun as well. Aside from being depressing and annoying I think it is beautifully metaphoric. Jesus is the Light of the world and as we invite Him into our lives, our lives are happier. (Just a little something I like to think of when I'm feeling under the weather.)

Anyway, I've heard about those lamps - you'll have to keep us updated on how it works. Maybe I should get one.