Friday, November 30, 2012

Some Humble Thoughts

So anyone that knows me, knows I have struggled/worked hard with my weight for as long as I can remember.  But it wasn't until the other day as we were looking through pictures and Jason asked something about when I lost weight that it really hit me.  I weigh a solid 10 pounds less and 5-6% body fat less than I did just a couple years ago.  Ever since then I've been thinking about what has changed.... what is different that caused this.

Disclaimer: I do not nor ever will claim to be any type of expert.  This is just what has worked for me, when for years no matter how desperate my attempts, nothing worked. That being said here is what I think changed:

Work out:  
 - I love gym classes.  They push me so much harder than I push myself.
- I've always been anti workout partners... but my sis-in-law has a great partner.  I'm jealous of her.  But since I've never found someone that wants to go to the gym every morning at 5:30 am I've become great friends with people at the gym.  I even have a step class where I am apart of the "dream team."
- This is probably the biggest difference in my workout from 2 years ago.  I try and lift a lot more weights.  Cardio is relatively easy for me.  But weights KILL me.  I try to lift every day now and I am seeing a HUGE difference.

Make healthy eating a life style:
- I am DONE dieting.  I'm DONE counting calories.  It only makes me feel deprived and miserable.
- I try and eat veggies at every meal.... even breakfast.
- I try and make a salad my meal at least once day.
- I always order salads when I'm eating out.
- I never eat fried food period.
- I avoid pasta and rice.
- If I want to eat something, I eat it.
- But the biggest difference is I try and eat a lot more protein. I make sure to eat protein every meal.  It's shocking the difference.

Now who knows, maybe I won't change a thing and I'll gain all that weight back next week.  Who knows, maybe there is some external factor that has changed my body that I have not even considered.

All I know is these are just a few things that have helped me in the never ending battle.

2 comments:

The UnMighty said...

No fried food? Booooo!

Muncher Cruncher said...

Don't worry...Thanks to Christmas break I'm FINALLY able to read some blogs. AWESOME? Yes. I love this post so much. YAY, yay, YAY! You rock girl! xoxoxo