Thursday, September 27, 2012

My Mom

One of my fondest memories as a little girl was when I would lay my head in my mom's lap as she would twirl my hair around my ear.  Nothing significant was talked about or said.  Just a simple act that showed me how much she loved me.

I'm a crier.  At the most ridiculous things I am a crier.  I don't cry during fights or break ups.  I rarely get emotional when I talk about my feelings.  But you see my mom is a crier too.  And when she cries I cry.  This Spring Craig, Chad, and I rode with my parents to my cousins wedding.  Of course because Craig always gets too hot and his dating life was the most exciting at the time, he got to sit in the front seat (to entertain my dad of course)  (I went to dinner at my friend's house Monday night... get this.... they don't talk about their kids dating life!  Can you imagine???  They have a 22 year old and never talk about it.  How boring!)  Anyways so as Chad and I were draped over my mom who, of course, was sitting in the middle trying to get comfortable my mom started to say, and of course started crying half way through the sentence, "Thank you for being such wonderful children.  What are we going to do when you grow up and get married and can't go on trips like this anymore?"  Tears came to my eyes as I thought of all the wonderful memories the 5 of us have.

But I think what I love most about my mom is how deeply she cares about people.  I don't know if I've ever met someone who cares so much about people.  She loves them.  Her life is about serving.  And because of that I am the luckiest girl around.  I've questioned almost everything in life.  But there is one thing that I have never had to question.  Never once have I questioned if my mom loves me.  No matter what through the thick and the thin... I know that my mom is there, ready, dependable, anxious to serve.  I know this might sound arrogant or naive... but I've never worried about becoming a mom.  I've never worried about how I would do it. Never thought it would be too much.  And it's because of her example.  It's because of what she taught me.  But it's a tough thing when someone like her has a birthday.  She doesn't really care about things.  She doesn't like the lime light.  So I guess the only thing I can say is Thank you.


3 comments:

Aaron said...

Sweetest post Krisin! I definitely feel like I know your mom, but really I've only been around your parents maybe a dozen times (or less). But, I get that feeling from her - totally sincere and caring and just wonderful!

Aaron said...

(it's me - Camile. Hate it when that happens!)

Jordan said...

You two are both amazing people! I love you!