Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Dear Old Friend

Sometimes it's pathetic the objects that I almost humanize. Objects that hold such value in my life that it's almost unbearable to get rid of or replace.  I mean Schnuckums is the extreme... but there are other things, typically things that have been through a lot of events, traveled lots of roads, given me some type of comfort.  

Well today is one of those days when I finally realize it's time.  It's time to throw it out.  It's time to replace it.  (It almost hurts to call them an it.)  Yes pathetic.

I remember when I first got my sparkly gold sperrys.  I was a little nervous.  I had seen them numerous times but I was still worried.  Were they too sparkly?  Were they too "BIG"?  Were they just absolutely ridiculous?  I called them my 3CPO shoes for a while.  I even blogged about it.  (I would link that blog post but I'm at school and I can not go to my other blog posts or it will lock me out)  I think of the fun times I've had with these shoes.  Clearly we know that they were with me on each and every single trip to Disneyland... yes 43 times these shoes walked those magical streets.

But it was more than that.  They walked the streets of Europe, South Beach Miami, Butchart Gardens Canada, hiked Zions, Yellowstone, and most recently went sailing.  They went to countless parties, dates, and probably even a first kiss or two...

 
but as you can clearly see... they have been loved, worn out and are need of retirement.  
I search high and low for new shoes.  But alas... it's hard to teach old dogs new tricks.

Introducing 3CPO part II:

 Now all I need is Disneyland.

2 comments:

Kennan said...

Haha I love it!!

Jordan said...

Schnuckums is not extreme! He is a dear dear friend who has helped us both through many hard times!