Wednesday, August 22, 2012

I'd better write this down...

Whelp yesterday was my first day of school.  My 8th first day of school as a teacher. But here was the crazy thing.  Around 11:30 am.... after my first class had left and I was in the middle of my lecture during my second class.  I looked up at the clock and couldn't believe how fast time had flown by.   I was cracking jokes... my students were laughing.... they were excited to be there..... I was relishing in the limelight.... it was then and there at that moment that I thought, "You have got to be kidding me!  I'm getting paid to do this!"

Sometimes as a teacher I feel so lucky to have my job.  To have my kids.  To get to teach my subject.  For the first half of the day yesterday, that is what I was feeling...

And you'd better believe, I need to write that down.

No comments: