Saturday, August 4, 2012

God's Country

When I think of the most beautiful places on earth... it's strange.  I don't think of Hawaii, I don't think of La Jolla Cove.... I don't even think of the Amalfi Coast.  I love the ocean, I love the beach but when I think of the most beautiful place on earth for some reason, probably trained by a certain arteest in my life, that there is one place only that can count as the most beautiful place on earth.  
To me there is nothing more beautiful than the hour before the sunsets in Fremont County Idaho.... (Picture above is from a different location of the same Grand Teton.)

My favorite view of the Tetons are actually as you drive to Mesa Falls through the fields of farmland that make patchworks of different greens, yellows, and occasional purples with the majestic mountains in the distance.   

Well last week we got to see it in all it's glory.  But sadly I didn't take any pictures of it.  BUT what we did get some pictures of was our trip around the loop of Yellowstone.  I feel like this is a pilgrimage that every American needs to do at least once in their life... But let's be honest, once is probably enough.
By the time we got to Yellowstone lake we were exhausted....
The cutest kids ever.... yes I know I'm biased... but seriously! 
!

We had a blast in Yellowstone, but I'll tell ya what.  Kids.... are exhausting!

No comments: