Friday, June 8, 2012

The End of a Chapter

Well yesterday was my 43rd visit to Disneyland in 365 days.  It was extremely bittersweet.  I had to decide if I was going to renew my annual pass at a much discounted price or to give it up... be done with Disneyland.  Obviously by the title you know, I gave it up.

The last year of my life has hands down been one of my favorites.  And although Disneyland clearly played a major role in the last 365 days... yesterday I learned again what it seems to be a never ending theme in life, it is the people, not the entertainment that makes life so wonderful.

So yesterday as Cecilly and I walked out of the park for the last time, I felt like it was the end of a sitcom... my memory scrolled through all the events, all the fun, all the laughs, and even some of the cries that have happened in the park the last year.  I'm almost tempted to make a top ten favorite moments like the magical kiss at the wishing well, or in turn stumbling upon the garbage sweeper girlfriend or probably the funniest moment in the history of my time at Disneyland.... getting to a level 13.

I just tried to go through all my pictures from Disneyland.... it brought me to tears.  I just can't do it.  So instead I'll take a picture from my first trip with my new iPhone... almost exactly a year ago.  I wish I could put it into words... my feelings for this magical place, but really that's the only way to describe it. It's magical.  I'll leave you with a quote from the man who started it all:
 
"To all that come to this happy place: welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past, and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams, and the hard facts that have created America... with hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world."


Disneyland.... it's been real.

1 comment:

Angela said...

What a great chapter!!!