Tuesday, March 6, 2012

New Motto

Going to California always refreshes my perspective on life.  I had a wonderful chat with my dear friend Liz at church.  After our chat Liz showed me this wonderful talk by Elder Holland.  But from this talk came Lars' and my new theme.


"God expects you to have enough faith and determination and enough trust in 
Him to keep moving, keep living, keep rejoicing. In fact, He expects you not simply to 
face the future (that sounds pretty grim and stoic); He expects you to embrace 
and shape the future- to love it and rejoice in it and delight in your opportunities."


Here is the view from Lars' patio Sunday at breakfast.



By golly, we are going to rejoice and delight in our opportunities!!!

2 comments:

Kennan said...

Thanks for sharing. This is much better than my current motto, "Life is hard and then you die." ;) haha

Juliana said...

What if you just can't see the future that way? You want to.... But you just can't?

Maybe I'm just having a bad day.