Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Kiss Me

2-13-1999

It was an interesting time in life.  I was about to turn 16.... my older brother went on a mission and I cried a lot.... but probably the most influential thing about that time was the movie "She's All That."  It's the classic story of an ugly duckling that wins the prince... as in Freddy Prince.. haha.  2-13-1999 was the date of my first kiss.  All I can vaguely remember about that night was a red rose he gave me for Valentines... and the song "Kiss Me" by SixPence None the Richer.  It's a great song... fabulous song. It was in the soundtrack of She's All That.

Someone showed me a cover of that song that is incredible.  So without further ado 13 year later the song still rocks my world.....




The only reason I remember my first kiss was on 2-13-1999...
is because The Stating Line's song Leaving talked about 2-12-1999...
Other than that... my first kiss.... totally lame.

2 comments:

Stephani said...

A couple of months ago Kali was staying with us and we were talking about movies and she had never seen it before...so we ran to Walmart and to my amazement - it was in the $5 bin and I made her watch it with me, but I remember totally being obsessed with it and loving it - good times...I can totally see us all learning the Prom dance on in Ashley's living room. Anyways - love the old song, love the new rendition :)

Sharla Watene said...

I remember your first kiss...:) Pretty stoked that I was there for it hehe