Thursday, March 15, 2012

I Need a Hero.

I can only blog about what I am thinking about.  I wish that wasn't the case, but it's why my blog clearly isn't random.  (For the record, did I tell you about the MBA grad that I went on some dates with that stalked my blog and criticized my blog title??  I had to read him this post clarifying that I know my blog is not random.)

Anyway, every spring I talk about how I kinda get bummed out a little.  I wish spring didn't bum me out... cuz it is kinda weird.  Seeing the tulips burst through the dirt shouldn't bum a girl who loves tulips out... but it does.  I'll admit it, I am straight up bummed.  But the good news,  I am doing what works best for me when I am bummed.  I am running.  Figuratively and literally.

On Saturday I turn 29.  My last year in my twenties... I'm kinda excited to have one more year.  The past year has been the best year of my life... and honestly, I think 29 will just get better.  But you know what as much as I try and put on a smile... as much as I try to remember the forget me nots... as much as I try and delight in my opportunities.... sometimes I just want a hero.  Today I spent the day being a hero for a kid.  I spent 5 hours working with him, talking with him, trying to get him see his potential... and although it was really really really rewarding as I drove home absolutely exhausted there was only one thing I could think about... I could sure use a hero.



This version of the song from Footloose is AMAZING.  I have been listening to it on repeat for almost 24 hours.

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Thanks for sharing that version of that song! I've always loved that song and this one is lovely!