Saturday, February 11, 2012

Friday Night

I couldn't believe my eyes.... Are you serious?  This was unreal.  When I saw what this guy was wearing I was blown away.  I couldn't not have hand picked his clothes to be more of a dream to me....

He was wearing a blue and white gingham button down shirt with a red, blue and white plaid skinny tie with a red v-neck pull over... with skinny jeans and navy sperrys.  
           


I looked down at the more trendy hip outfit I had chosen for our date and had wished I was wearing a plaid skirt, white shirt and my penny loafer sperrys.... 

But I just laughed at how good my date looked.... if only he knew that he was exactly the look of my dream guy.    We had the most fantastic date.  We went to dinner at Flemings, walked around the Gateway, and watched the Vow.  But I probably won't go into much more detail of the date for one reason....

It wasn't long into the date that he confessed.... He read my blog.  I laughed and thought about my last couple blog entrys and wondered what he thought about me based off the one or two posts I'm sure he read.  But the most shocking thing of the night was when he said, "Yeah I can't believe how much you post.  You have posted almost every day for well over a year."..... how did he know that??  Then he said, "My co-worker said  I probably shouldn't tell you this, but I've been reading it.... all of it."  I was blown away.... "How far back have you read?"  He said, " I've read over a year... I just leave it open and read a few every little while."  I was completely blown away!  Seriously?  My thoughts started racing over all the posts of the last year.... thinking about the posts of deleted... but worried about the ones I hadn't.  I felt instantly vulnerable.  But then I had to smile.... looking over at what he was wearing I remembered... He has read all my thoughts, feelings, and opinions over the last year.... and not only did he STILL want to go out with me, he knew exactly what to wear that would  blow me away.  Talk about speechless.

So of course we talked quite a bit about the blog.  He had some questions... confused about some of the blogposts that have been deleted.... like my Florida trip... Thanksgiving.... The Wishing Well... but my favorite question he asked was, "Now who is this Lars guy?"

He asked if I wanted to know his favorite post so far.  I was REALLY curious to hear this one.  He said he was shocked that not a single person commented on it.  His favorite blog post:


What a fun night.  But I am clearly not going to write anymore... cuz you guessed it, I'm sure he's going to read this. ;)

4 comments:

theriddle said...

I thought you knew everyone who reads your blog!

jeanine said...

HAHA! That is really funny and I agree with your friend, I thought you had pinned down everyone that read your blog?!

robyn.fitts said...

sounds like he has impeccable taste. sperry's are the way to my heart.

p.s.,
you seriously deserve the world. you are one of the most inspiring people i know. i think about you all the time and how you have the guts to go out there and do what you want. you are such an amazing example.

Elizabeth Reid said...

She doesn't know everyone who reads her blog! I've never met Kristin but I love her blog.

Kristin, you are so inspiring with your zest for life. Thank you for allowing me to be uplifted and entertained through your writings!