Thursday, February 2, 2012

The Clark Kent Effect

What started as a joke has turned into a semi-permanent part of my wardrobe.  After getting ready every day  this week the last thing I have been sure to put on is my new glasses.  It's quite disgustingly ironic really... thousands of dollars were spent so I wouldn't have to wear glasses anymore but I am shocked how much I love these glasses!

But the most shocking thing I have observed in the past week of wearing them  is what I like to call the Clark Kent Effect or CKE.  An abnormally large number of compliments have been given to my clothes, my hair, and even my weight.  Random strangers have walked up to me to say something nice.  Rarely do they even compliment my glasses but the only variable that has changed in my appearance since the compliments have began is the glasses.  





Who knows maybe next week I'll start wearing blue and red spandex.

1 comment:

Jen said...

I can't wait to see the spandex! But honestly, you look darling! I secretly wish I could pull off the whole "hipster" look, but even if I could I would never hear the end of it from my husband/brothers.